|“Do you love me more than these?” John 21:15
|Ink and colour on paper Eva Kwan
The Milk and Honey Arts (MaHA) ministry founded in 2012, is a non-profit organisation. Our mission is to spread the Christian faith and values through different art forms. We hope the creative expressions and the Word of God will touch the hearts of our audience, lead them to experience the goodness of God and bring hope and renewal to their lives. We serve and share the Gospel to different communities and places in the following ways:
1. Art Exhibitions: We organise art exhibitions in public hospitals, churches, university campuses in Hong Kong and overseas, including The Hebrew University of Jerusalem and a Jewish synagogue in Israel. The various art forms we display include Chinese calligraphy and paintings, seal engravings, Western paintings, photography, papercut, sculpture, mixed media etc..
2. Visits to Correctional Institutions: Since 2014, in partnership with the Hong Kong Christian Kun Sun Association, the MaHA team regularly brings artworks and life testimonies of different artists to share with the inmates in correctional institutions so that they too have a chance to enjoy art, hear the Gospel and to come to faith in Christ.
3. Hong Kong Bible Verse Chinese Calligraphy Competition: In 2015, we co-organised the first ever Hong Kong Bible Verse Calligraphy Competition with the Hong Kong Bible Society and Chinese Christian Herald Crusades. Our aim is to promote and encourage students and the public to write Bible verses in Chinese calligraphy scripts with ink and brushes. The third edition of the Competition, along with the award ceremony and exhibition of the winning works were held in November and December 2019.
4. “Love Your Neighbour” meetings: We started organising monthly lunch meetings since 2019 to connect with and show care for our neighbours working in the Central district. Speakers from the medical profession, representatives from public hospitals, other non-profit organisations, as well as artists of the MaHA team are invited to share on different topics at these meetings.
5. Website and social media: We publish Christian artists’ works in the format of a “Virtual Exhibition” on our bilingual website. We also interview and report on the creative journeys and new artworks of artists from different countries. We hope you would check out the various sections on our website using the QR code below and/or to visit our Facebook page “Milk and Honey Arts” for latest updates.
6. Publications: We have published a series of 7 Chinese calligraphy model books of different Scripts by renowned Hong Kong calligraphers. In addition, we have also published the book “Art & Spirituality: The Book of Exodus” co-authored by Dr. Pan Ji Yung and Chinese painter Mr. Wong Chim Yuen. This book and the Chinese Calligraphy model books are distributed through Logos Book House and are also available for sale in various Christian bookstore.
Statement of Faith
We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in
His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
We believe Christians are committed to proclaim the gospel throughout the world, to make disciples of every nation, and to witness for Christ. The fulfilment of this commandment requires that worldly or personal ambitions be subordinated to unreserved commitment to Christ and that the Bible be the ultimate authority on faith and principles of our lives and works.
Milk and Honey Arts Foundation Limited
Board of Directors:
Ms. Florence Ng (Chairman)
Ms. Yvonne So (Secretary)
Mrs. Vivien Ng
Ms. Eva Kwan
Dr. Helena Ng
Ms. Florence Ng
Mr. Eric Lo
Rev. Dr. Lo Lung-Kwong
Rev. Dr. Daniel H.M. Hui
Rev. Dr. Peter Ho
Professor Kang Phee Seng
Chinese Language Advisor:
Professor Tse Shek Kam
Professor Tong Kam Tang
Professor Daniel Lau
Dr. Chan Yung
Mr. Chan Wai Kwong
Dr. Stella Tang Ying Chi