Milk and Honey Arts Foundation Limited (MaHA) is a non-profit organisation. Our mission is to promote God’s Word – Bible verses and messages of Christian values through visual arts such as calligraphy, paintings, sculpture, photography, literary works and other art forms. We hope that our viewers will be touched directly by the word of God, while the artists and art lovers receive encouragement and comfort in the process of art making and appreciation. We reach different communities through the following avenues:
1. Website and social media: we publish art works of Christian artists from around the world along with their Bible messages in both English and Chinese. Since 2017, we started interviewing Christian artists from different places including Switzerland, Taiwan, Malaysia and Shanghai. Reporting on their creative journeys and works of art, we present each of their unique stories in the form of literary essays: http://www.milkandhoneyarts.com/web/essays/international-artists/
2. Art Exhibitions: we organise Christian art exhibitions in public hospitals ( http://www.milkandhoneyarts.com/web/event/20160418-20160509/ ), churches ( http://www.milkandhoneyarts.com/web/event/20170323/ ) , university campuses in Hong Kong ( http://www.milkandhoneyarts.com/web/event/20150303-20150322/ ) and overseas, including The Hebrew University of Jerusalem ( http://www.milkandhoneyarts.com/web/event/20181101-11/ ) in Israel. We hope that the artworks we exhibit will give nourishment, encouragement and comfort to those who come to see our exhibitions.
3. Visits to Correctional Institutions: Since 2013, in partnership with Hong Kong Christian Kun Sun Association, the MaHA team regularly brings artworks and life testimonies of different artists to share with inmates in the correctional institutions so that they too have a chance to enjoy art, hear the Gospel and be born again in Christ ( http://www.milkandhoneyarts.com/web/event/20181206/ ).
4. Visual Arts Education: The “Reform Your Point of ‘VIEW’ Visual Arts Education Program” was launched in early 2017 with the vision of introducing Christian values to students’ art education ( http://www.milkandhoneyarts.com/web/artsed/ ). It provides different channels for the students and teachers joining the program to exhibit their works ( http://www.milkandhoneyarts.com/web/event/20180708-0713/ ). Through this program, we encourage students to be the “salt and light” in the world and witnesses of God’s beauty and kindness in their artwork.
5. Hong Kong Bible Verse Calligraphy Competition: In 2015, we organised the first ever Hong Kong Bible Verse Calligraphy Competition. Our aim is to promote and encourage students and adults to copy Bible verses in calligraphy scripts with ink and brushes ( http://www.milkandhoneyarts.com/web/event/20171202/ ). The third edition of the Competition will be held in 2019.
6. Publications: In 2017, we published a series of 7 Chinese calligraphy model books by renowned Hong Kong calligraphers. The model books are in Standard Script, Clerical Script, Small Seal Script and Semi-cursive Script. ( http://www.milkandhoneyarts.com/web/event/20170719_21_25/ ) In July 2018, we published the book “Art & Christian Spirituality: The Book of Exodus” coauthored by Dr. Pan Yi Jung, Assistant Professor (Practical Studies) of China Graduate School of Theology and Chinese painter Mr. Wong Chim Yuen. The book was launched at the Hong Kong Book Fair 2018 ( http://www.milkandhoneyarts.com/web/event/20180718-0724/ ). This book and the Chinese Calligraphy model books are distributed through Logos Book House and other Christian bookstores in Hong Kong. The publications can also be purchased online.
• For model books, please click here: http://www.logos.com.hk/bf/acms/content.asp?site=logosbf&op=show&type=product&code=9789887753766
• For “Art & Christian Spirituality”, please click here: http://www.logos.com.hk/bf/acms/content.asp?site=logosbf&op=show&type=product&code=MH601
Statement of Faith
We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in
His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
We believe Christians are committed to proclaim the gospel throughout the world, to make disciples of every nation, and to witness for Christ. The fulfilment of this commandment requires that worldly or personal ambitions be subordinated to unreserved commitment to Christ and that the Bible be the ultimate authority on faith and principles of our lives and works.
Milk and Honey Arts Foundation Limited
Board of Directors:
Mrs. Vivien Ng (Chairman)
Dr. Ng Hin Kwong
Ms. Yvonne So (Secretary)
Dr. Helena Ng (Treasurer)
Mrs. Vivien Ng
Rev. Dr. Lo Lung-Kwong
Rev. Dr. Daniel H.M. Hui
Rev. Dr. Peter Ho
Professor Kang Phee Seng
Chinese Language Advisor:
Professor Tse Shek Kam
Professor Tong Kam Tang
Professor Daniel Lau
Dr. Chan Yung
Mr. Chan Wai Kwong
Dr. Stella Tang Ying Chi