Milk and Honey Arts Foundation Limited (MaHA) is a non-profit organisation. Our mission is to promote God’s Word – Bible verses and messages of Christian values through visual arts such as calligraphy, painting, sculpture, photography, literary works and other art forms. We hope that our viewers will be touched directly by the word of God, while the artists and art lovers receive encouragement and comfort in the process of art making and appreciation. We reach different communities through the following avenues:
1. Website and social media: we publish art works of Christian artists from around the world and provide Bible verses and messages in English and Chinese ( http://www.milkandhoneyarts.com/web/virtual-exhibition/oil-painting/ ). We aim to offer more language options for international viewers.
2. Art Exhibitions: we organise Christian art exhibitions in public hospitals ( http://www.milkandhoneyarts.com/web/event/20160418-20160509/ ), churches ( http://www.milkandhoneyarts.com/web/event/20170323/ ) , university campuses in Hong Kong ( http://www.milkandhoneyarts.com/web/event/20150303-20150322/ ) and overseas, including The Hebrew University of Jerusalem ( http://www.milkandhoneyarts.com/web/event/20170503/ ) and a Jewish synagogue ( http://www.milkandhoneyarts.com/web/event/20170429/ ) in Israel. We hope that the artworks we exhibit will give nourishment, encouragement and comfort to those who come to see our exhibitions.
3. Visits to Correctional Institutions: In partnership with Hong Kong Christian Kun Sun Association, the MaHA team, since 2013, regularly brings artworks and life testimonies of different artists to share with inmates in the correctional institutions so that they too have a chance to enjoy art, hear the Gospel and be born again in Christ ( http://www.milkandhoneyarts.com/web/event/20160515/ ).
4. Visual Arts Education: In 2017, we launched the “Reform Your Point of ‘VIEW’ Visual Arts Education Pilot Scheme”, dedicated to building up students’ creativity and shaping their perspectives by introducing Christian values into the art education programme of primary and secondary schools ( http://www.milkandhoneyarts.com/web/artsed/ ). We aim to organise exhibitions to display the works of these young artists and invite them to share about their creative and spiritual journey ( http://www.milkandhoneyarts.com/web/event/20170708/ ).
5. Hong Kong Bible Verse Calligraphy Competition: In 2015, we coorganised with Hong Kong Bible Society and Chinese Christian Herald Crusades the first ever Hong Kong Bible Verse Calligraphy Competition. Our aim is to promote and encourage students and adults (whether Christians or non-Christians) to copy Bible verses in calligraphy scripts with ink and brushes ( http://www.milkandhoneyarts.com/web/event/20171202/ ) .
6. Publications: We have published a series of 7 Chinese calligraphy model books by renowned Hong Kong calligraphers – Dr. Chan Yung, Professor Daniel C.K. Lau, Dr. Samuel S.H. Ho and Mr. Chan Wai Kwong ( https://www.facebook.com/MilkAndHoneyArts/videos/1139269016199383/ ). The model books are in Standard Script, Clerical Script and Semi-cursive Script, and are available at the following outlets – Logos Book House, Tiendao Book Store, Chinese Christian Literature Council Bookstore, Yau Sang Cheong Chinese Cultural and Artist Supplies, and at our office. The calligraphy model books were promoted for sale at the Hong Kong Book Fair 2017, together with 3 Bible verse Chinese calligraphy demonstration sessions ( http://www.milkandhoneyarts.com/web/event/20170719_21_25/ )
Statement of Faith
We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in
His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
We believe Christians are committed to proclaim the gospel throughout the world, to make disciples of every nation, and to witness for Christ. The fulfilment of this commandment requires that worldly or personal ambitions be subordinated to unreserved commitment to Christ and that the Bible be the ultimate authority on faith and principles of our lives and works.
Milk and Honey Arts Foundation Limited
Board of Directors:
Mrs. Vivien Ng (Chairman)
Dr. Ng Hin Kwong
Ms. Yvonne So (Secretary)
Dr. Helena Ng (Treasurer)
Mrs. Vivien Ng
Rev. Dr. Lo Lung-Kwong
Rev. Dr. Daniel H.M. Hui
Chinese Language Advisor:
Professor Tse Shek Kam
Professor Tong Kam Tang
Professor Daniel Lau
Dr. Chan Yung
Mr. Chan Wai Kwong
Dr. Stella Tang Ying Chi
Arts Education Coordinator:
Mr. Chan Kwok Tung